|Position: Shop Laborer||Department: Production|
|Reports to: Production Supervisor||FLSA Status: Non–Exempt|
Performs tasks involved in the company’s coating process to meet customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads routing and performs work as assigned by supervisor and the production schedule.
- Precision masks and grit blasts parts composed of metal and other materials.
- Moves parts around the shop including racking, hooking or wiring parts.
- Produces quality products
- Meets production goals
- Tracks work and time on computer system including using a scanner.
- Measures and packs customer orders to ensure compliance with customer specifications and safety of parts in transit.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Conducts Basic equipment repair and maintenance.
- Spray Coating Parts
- Contributes to a safe, organized and efficient work environment
- Complies with Health and Safety policies, systems and processes
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Completes work in an efficient manner
- Attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to work in an industrial environment with proper Personal Protective Equipment including a respirator.
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate
- Ability to use initiative and work well in a team.
- Regular Attendance
- ERP software experience
- Grit Blasting experience
- 1 Year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Coating application Experience
- Blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge of tools and machinery used in coating processes e.g. gritblasting, masking, powder coating, liquid spray
- Packing experience
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Location: 100% Shop floor.
Hours of Work: 6:00- 2:45pm, Mon-Fri, Occasional 2nd Shift hours.
While on the shop floor, there is intermittent exposure to noise, grease, dust, oil, grime and chemicals. There is frequent exposure to seasonal temperature extremes. Work around moving equipment requires caution as well as use of safety apparel.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
Work requires frequent use of large motor skills, standing for long periods, use of hands to finger, handle or feel and frequent walking, crawling, kneeling, bending, stooping, twisting, turning, crouching, stretching and reaching to perform work required.
All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.