Powder coating is an economical and environmentally friendly method of applying decorative and protective finishes to a wide variety of materials and products that are used by industry and consumers.
Plas-Tech is a job shop that caters to both the small and large volume industrial consumers. Precise techniques, rigid quality control, superior knowledge, dependable delivery, and great respect for the art and science of coating application are the hallmarks upon which Plas-Tech was founded. Now, as in the beginning, we take great pride in every job we do and welcome the opportunity to provide our services to you. Turn to Plas-Tech when you need it done right and done FAST!
Some industries where powder coatings are used include General Industrial Products, Consumer Products, Appliances, Agriculture & Construction Equipment (ACE), Architectural, Automotive, and Pipe & Valve.
Powder coatings are available in virtually unlimited colors and include high or low gloss, matte, textured, vein, and wrinkle finishes. Coatings with FDA, NSF, and UL approvals are available. A complete line of RAL colors is available and custom colors can be formulated when needed.
Plas-Tech applies powder finishes from the following suppliers:
- Chemours Coating Solutions
- Tiger Drylac
- Rohm and Haas
- Cardinal Industrial Finishes
- Peridium by DiamondVogel
- Protech Powders
- Solvay Solexis
- Others available upon request
Benefits of Powder Coatings
- Attractive, durable, high-quality finish
- Cost effective compared to liquid coatings
- Environmentally friendly- virtually pollution free, NO VOC’s
- Consistent coating thickness; both thin and thick films
- Corrosion resistance
- Virtually any color or gloss
- Matte finishes and wrinkle coats can hide surface defects or imperfections such as spot welds, nicks & scratches
Types of Powder Coatings
- TGIC Polyester
- Hybrid (Epoxy/Polyester)
- PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride)
- Nylon II (Polyamides)
- Polyolefins (polyethylene & polypropylene resins)
- Halar (ECTFE)
- Fluoropolymers (PFA, FEP, & ETFE)
Plas-Tech operates a production facility dedicated to applying coatings in West Chester, PA – a suburb of Philadelphia.
In addition to our vast inventory of existing coating equipment, Plas-Tech recently added the following equipment to better serve our customers:
- 6′ x 8′ x 10′ Wisconsin Oven
- 8′ x 8′ x 10′ Global Finishing Systems Powder Booth with Cartridge Collectors
- ITW Gema OptiFlex Electrostatic Powder Gun
- Fischer Dualscope MP-20 Coating Thickness Gauge
- Omega Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer